streams-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Letourneau <jletournea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration with Storm and Cassandra Java Driver
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 20:15:10 GMT
Matt's desire might create an even more complex architecture, though a
wonderful goal.  I wouldn't be opposed to just picking a solution and
designing around it for the purposes of getting the end to end
solution running and then revisiting the appropriate abstractions.

I had seen Kafka when starting out on the initial code base, I thought
it held serious promise for Streams.

Advantage of Camel is the ability to deploy as part of the web archive
vs a standalone service, if Kafka/Storm bring that as well, sounds
cool to me.  They seem to bring the high performance hammer of doom -
rock on. \\m//