streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Integration with Storm and Cassandra Java Driver
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2013 19:40:22 GMT
On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM, Danny Sullivan <dsullivan7@hotmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the info Steve.
> As I understand, Kafka would take the place of the functionality of what
> ActiveMQ does now. Storm would take place of what Camel does now.

I think in the long term we need to have a flexible architecture with a few
implementations.  The way I see it, we need collection, orchestration,
processing pipeline, persistence and exposure.  If there is a way that we
can define each of these components loosely coupled enough to where we
could have a Kafka OR AMQP routing implementation that would be ideal.  I
haven't thought through exactly how to do this myself, but wanted to offer
that things may not be mutually exclusive.