streams-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Letourneau <jletournea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Subscriber/ Publisher handling of activity
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2013 23:58:43 GMT
The last discussion on this topic had subscribers applying a filter to each
published message on the queue - there should be some stub classes in the
source that shows this thought direction - each subscriber would be
iterated over and asked to process each published activity on the queue -
they would apply a filter adhering to the filter interface - the
implementation of that filter could be anything - one thought was a dsl
like lucene syntax could be the default implementation - to answer your
foundational question - publishers should have no knowledge of who is
subscribed an subscriber should be able to filter in the best way for them
(I.e. based on source o message, user, activity streams properties etc)

Jason