streams-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Letourneau <jletournea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Message Splitter
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:59:05 GMT
The real split is supposed to be splitting an array of activities -
ideally I think the deserialization from JSON (string) happens in the
splitter and the return object is an array of activity objects that
get placed on the q for processing by subscriber delegates

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM, Danny Sullivan <dsullivan7@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hey everyone,
> To test functionality, instead of adding "this, is, my, split, message" to the List returned
by the split method in PushActivityConsumer I added the original json activity string (the
"activities" parameter) to the List. This issue is reported here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMS-17.
While I think my change is useful for testing purposes, I wanted to get an idea of what the
"split" method is actually supposed to be doing before I submit a patch.