streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about processing architecture
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 12:32:22 GMT
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:52 PM, Jason Letourneau
<jletourneau80@gmail.com>wrote:

> The current vision is that filters will be implemented agnostic to the
> overall processing architecture - there may be subscribers using lucene dsl
> as part of the initial streams implemetation- but the interface won't
> dictate how a subscriber filters it's activities -

Maybe I am misunderstanding your statement.  In my mind, we really need
inbound and outbound data pipelines.  I don't think a simple outbound
filter can solve this easily.  I don't see how the system can do
de-duplication, supersession, aggregation, etc during the outbound phase.
 We will need to do a lot of processing before we hit an intermediate
persistence layer that can then be used by subscriber filters and query
endpoints.

The pipeline components themselves should be pluggable and we just need a
series of workflow events that they can hook and do work against the
incoming data.

Am I off base?