streams-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Baxter <rbaxte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question about processing architecture
Date Tue, 04 Jun 2013 15:31:27 GMT
To solve some of this in our activity stream in Connections we
introduced a concept called "rollup" [1] so if there are entries with
the same rollup id in the stream we only ever show the latest one.
The user can then open the embedded experience for the entry to see
the prior entries for this rollup id.

[1] http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/appdevwiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=IBM+Connections+4.5+API+Documentation#action=openDocument&res_title=Support_for_Rollup_ic45&content=pdcontent

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Lavender, Beth A <lavender@mitre.org> wrote:
> Many of our current systems that will feed the integrated activity stream are noisy.
For example, if I update a page 4 times in  5 minutes it generates an activity for each one.
  I want to be able to set rule for discard the last n activities if they have the same actor,
verb, and object  in x time frame.

> This assumes a sub processor that detects the pattern and takes an action described in
a rule. Where do rules and sub processors fit in this architecture? Is anyone doing this in
their existing systems?