streams-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Letourneau <jletournea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streams Setup
Date Fri, 31 May 2013 19:52:10 GMT
Hi Danny -
If you mvn install the master-pom, then the project pom will be
referencing .2 from your local repo (.1 is the released version in the
apache repository).  The master-pom is already setup to require Java
1.6.  I am confused where you edited to require 1.6.

Sorry for the missed step in the documentation - we should edit that.

Jason

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 2:16 PM, Sullivan, Danny <dsullivan@mitre.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While setting up the project I found I had to make several adjustments to the master
pom. These changes are:

>   1.  Changing "0.2-incubating-SNAPSHOT" to "0.1-incubating" (0.2 didn't exist in the
directory available)
>   2.  Specifying the java version to 1.6 in the properties (maven tried using 1.3 which
ran into problems compiling generics and annotations)

> I also found that I needed to run mvn install on the pom of the Streams Master which
isn't mentioned in the documentation. However, once I completed these steps the project setup
correctly. Is this something I should submit a patch for? I apologize for being new to this
process.