streams-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Letourneau <jletournea...@gmail.com>
Subject Streams Subscriptions
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:00:53 GMT
I am curious on the group's thinking about subscriptions to activity
streams.  As I am stubbing out the end-to-end heartbeat on my proposed
architecture, I've just been working with URL sources as the
subscription mode.  Obviously this is a way over-simplification.

I know for shindig the social graph can be used, but we don't
necessarily have that.  Considering the mechanism for establishing a
new subscription stream (defined as aggregated individual activities
pulled from a varying array of sources) is POSTing to the Activity
Streams server to establish the channel (currently just a
subscriptions=url1,url2,url3 is the over simplified mechanism)...what
would people see as a reasonable way to establish subscriptions?  List
of userIds? Subjects?  How should these be represented?  I was
thinking of a JSON object, but any one have other thoughts?

Jason