streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Streams Master 0.1-incubating Release
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:17:25 GMT
On Mon, Jan 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Jason Letourneau
<jletourneau80@gmail.com> wrote:
> A question on process.  As I understand, in the nexus repo I am
> supposed to release the binary as a result of our vote at this time,
> but upon re-reading your post - I am to wait and put the closed repo
> up for vote in the staging area?

Nothing should be promoted in the Nexus staging repository until after
the IPMC vote has concluded.  In the incubator, only the IPMC can
officially release code.  The PPMC release vote is to train the
community on the proper processes & procedures for release.

There are also two parts to a release that uses Maven, the repository
release in Nexus and the source archive that needs to be put on
http://www.apache.org/dist so that it gets mirrored.

I see that you released it already in Nexus.  Since the whole IPMC has
not had the opportunity to vote on the release, this is not great.  I
am pretty sure we can ask INFRA to drop the release, but given you
have 4 +1s, I would recommend sending and e-mail to the IPMC
(general@incubator.a.o) asking for what should be done about the Nexus
artifacts that have accidentally been released.  Maybe the other
mentors will have better history and process for this than I.