streams-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Streams Master POM 1.0 Release
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 15:08:13 GMT
Hi Jason,

While its great to see a first release candidate, I'm afraid I've to vote -1 on
this one because of an absolute Incubator requirement that every release archive
must contain the name 'incubating' in the filename... [1], [2]

In practice, this means we typically use a incubating *version* for our (maven)
artifacts, as long as we're under the Incubator policy.

And, because of this, the version range typically used within the incubator is <
1, e.g. 0.1-incubating instead of 1.0-incubating. But of course that is up to
the podling itself to decide, as long as the version/file retains 'incubating'
in the name.

So, my advise is to change the trunk version to 0.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT, and
then cut a new 0.1-incubating release candidate from that.

Oh, and for this one time, I think it is OK to actually delete the release tag
1.0 :)

One other suggestion: the DEPENDENCIES file in the root isn't needed or even
desired IMO. It is generated automatically by the maven-remote-resources-plugin
but has no formal or even legal importance, and is IMO of no real value
(meaning: unreliable on its contents).

Thanks, Ate