streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streams Maven Project Structure Breakdown and Code Request
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 22:16:30 GMT
On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Jason Letourneau
<jletourneau80@gmail.com> wrote:
> All -
>
> I thought I would give a break-down of the current Maven project to
> clarify what I envisioned going into each module/build/etc. and invite
> the lists' feedback.  Also, I remember some discussion about
> activitystrea.ms java classes...James?  Did you have some code you
> were looking to contribute along these lines?  Anybody else?  We've
> got some classes we used internally, but they aren't through our
> public release process...we could use if nobody else has
> anything...anyways, a break down below:
>
> streams-eip-routes: contains Camel xml routes that are packaged as a
> war.  This could be hot deployed to servicemix or packaged with
> streams-web for a servlet container or applications server deployment.
>
> streams-osgi-components: contains OSGI compliant java modules.  Each
> module is packaged as an osgi bundle jar.  A uber-jar
> (streams-components) is also built that contains all of the components
> for packaging with streams-web.  Each module could be hot deployed to
> servicemix.
>
> streams-web: contains streams-eip-routes, streams-components.jar,
> camel web interface, and possibly a streams web interface.
> Specifically for servlet contain/application server deployment.

This sounds like a prime candidate for documentation on the new
website.  If you don't know how to use the Apache CMS, check out the
reference[1].  Also, keep in mind that there are two versions of the
site:  http://streams.staging.apache.org &
http://streams.incubator.apache.org.  The staging site is
automatically built on commit.  Changes must be manually published
from staging to production using the CMS.

[1] http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html