streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting Started with Incubation
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:25:09 GMT
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Ate Douma <ate@douma.nu> wrote:
> On 12/04/2012 02:29 AM, Matt Franklin wrote:
>>
>> 1) What type of Wiki?  ASF Infra has two different types available:
>> MoinMoin & Confluence.  There are tradeoff for each; but, Infra's
>> preference trends toward MoinMoin due to its management simplicity.
>> That doesn't disqualify Confluence, but something to be aware of.
>

> I personally prefer MoinMoin because exactly its simplicity and
> better/simpler support from infra. Confluence certainly looks nicer and is
> easier to create nice looking pages with, but I don't find that a benefit
> really as I think the main and user-oriented content should be on the main
> site. But I'm not against choosing Confluence either, as long as we keep the
> purposes of what belongs to the site and what on the wiki straight and
> clear.

So far, we have one preference for Confluence & another for MoinMoin.
Unless others have a strong opinion, I think we should just go with
MoinMoin as the setup time for INFRA is lower and it should suffice
for our needs.

Assuming lazy consensus, I will make the request for MoinMoin before
the end of the week.

-Matt