streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting Started with Incubation
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 01:29:27 GMT
The purpose of going through incubation is to ensure that we as a
community are operating under the Apache Way.  This means a few
different things, including decision making, branding, legal
compliance, and community development.  Rather than go through each of
these principles here, I have included links to resources that those
of you who are new to Apache should take some time reviewing
[1][2][3].

Now that we have or have requested the basic resources we need to
operate as a project, we can get on with the show.  Throughout the
course of the project, there will be many decisions that we need to
make as  a community.  The ones that I think we should tackle first as
'warm up' exercises are as follows:

1) What type of Wiki?  ASF Infra has two different types available:
MoinMoin & Confluence.  There are tradeoff for each; but, Infra's
preference trends toward MoinMoin due to its management simplicity.
That doesn't disqualify Confluence, but something to be aware of.

2) Logo.  We need a project logo for Apache Streams.  Anyone have suggestions?

3) Committer/PMC metadata.  Infra is still working on the website; but
as soon as it is ready to go, we need to figure out a process & place
for storing committer information.  This may tie into later
discussions about build tools.

These 3 things are minor, but a good way to break the ice for the project.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/index.html
[2] http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html
[3] http://www.apache.org/dev/pmc.html