streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Release Early & Often
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:10:49 GMT
I mentioned before that the Apache release process takes some effort
and experience to do correctly.  In order to minimize the risk, I
propose that we release on a monthly basis, initially with nothing
more than the master POM.

In order for this to happen we need to do the following:

1) Everyone needs to read the Incubator & Apache Release guidelines

2) We need a couple of volunteers to serve as Release Managers.  This
position is open to any committer that wants to shepherd a release
through the process

3) We need to define & document the release process in a similar
manner to Apache Rave || Bval ||  other established Apache project

Thoughts?