streams-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Franklin <m.ben.frank...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Draft Streams Server Architecture
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 02:47:50 GMT
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Jason Letourneau
<jletourneau80@gmail.com> wrote:
> This would probably be best to go in the Wiki (once available), but I
> put some thoughts down in diagram and prose and thought I would send
> it to the group.  This is heavily influenced by thinking of Enterprise
> Integration Patterns with Camel and ServiceMix as the ESB/Integration
> project...its a draft but wanted to get any reactions from you all
> early.  Its word format, so please mark it up with comments or changes
> as you see fit.

I agree these definitions & diagrams should be on the wiki.  Until we
have one, you *could* throw it into an open Google Doc so that it is a
little easier to .

One thing to keep in mind though, at Apache it didn't happen unless it
happened on the list.  The list is how we ensure everyone has
visibility and influence into the decision process.

As for the architecture itself, I like the first run of component
breakdown. I think we have a few more, but a solid start.  Personally,
I would like to ensure that we have flexibility in what deployment
strategies we support.  Specifically, while I can see how being able
to compose the application in an ESB has advantages, I can also see
the value in a simple war deployment in Tomcat for a small deployment.