streams-dev mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Maven 3+ as build technology
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 14:54:56 GMT
On 12/10/2012 03:36 PM, Matt Franklin wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:21 AM, Jason Letourneau
> <jletourneau80@gmail.com> wrote:
>> All -
>>
>> I propose we use Maven 3+ for build technology, lazy consensus is
>> fine, but please speak if opposed.
>
> Looks to me like you have consensus.  I recommend using a pattern
> similar to Rave's in that the project metadata is kept as a separate
> master POM
+1. Also easier if/when more than one module needs to be based on it.

> that is released with the addition/subtraction of
> contributors.
That usage (maintaining contributers in the master POM) I'm not sure I would
propose to do anymore today. I haven't brought this up on Rave yet, and its not
really important either way, so I'm neutral on using that same procedure for
Streams.
But having to bump and release the master POM only because of a contributor
change isn't really useful IMO. Much easier and effective to simply use the CMS
and publish it online. Having a master POM, however is useful to define standard
project properties and configurations, which don't change much if ever, without
bloating the main project POM.