streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Philipp Zehnder <zehn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [STREAMPIPES-17] Expose Adapter Icons in Connect Container
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2020 22:05:47 GMT
Hi all,

I started to create issues with a “newbe” label.

If you have any ideas for issues that are a good starting point for new developers please
add them to the issue tracker.

Cheers,
Philipp

> On 12. Jan 2020, at 21:32, Philipp Zehnder <zehnder@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Johannes,
>
> thanks. That's great. I'm going to move all the processor and adapter icons into the
respective packages so we can delete them from the UI.

> I think it is a good idea to create some issues for new developers to migrate the descriptions
and titles to resource files.

> Cheers,
> Philipp
>
>> On 9. Jan 2020, at 19:41, Johannes Tex <tex@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> connect adapter and procotols can now use the asset folder as it is done for the
pipeline elements. To support this, we changed the IDs of the adapter/protocol to the package
names, like the IDs of the pipeline elements. Note this when you create a new adapter/protocol.
Also the 'local' string file is now supported by adapters/protocols.

>> Assets are created for the ROS Adapter. For all others it still has to be done. Maybe
it would be a nice task for a newbie to get familiar with the SDK?