streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I18N Resources
Date Fri, 06 Dec 2019 18:55:33 GMT
Hi Chris,

yes, we use the appId (the identifier of the processing element) to manage assets such as
icons and language files. The appId is the first parameter you provide in the ProcessingElementBuilder
of the declareModel method (in your case, it's provided by the variable ID).

As this id is used internally to identify the pipeline element, it should use this dotted
structure by convention (e.g., if you've started a pipeline element container, the description
of the pipeline element will be available under this path).

So, for instance, if the ID of your processor is org.apache.plc4x.streampipes.processors.enrich.bacnetip.ede,
then the assets that belong to this processor must be under a directory named org.apache.plc4x.streampipes.processors.enrich.bacnetip.ede
(which is just a single directory) in your resources folder, otherwise they will not be found
once you start the container.

Hope this helps!
Dominik

On 2019/12/05 11:58:33, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> today I cloned the new repos, updated SP to the latest released version and started work
on the new EDE Enrichment Processor for BACnet/IP.
> I have to admit that you dug a few little potholes for me to stumble into ;-) I’ll
be submitting some PRs for things I found.

> But one thing I noticed that should be changed globally, is not to create directories
in the resources section with names containing “.”.