streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@fzi.de>
Subject RE: Exclude timestamp from mapping properties
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2019 22:03:28 GMT
Hi Patrick,

I like this idea!
We could use the PropertyScope (Header/Dimension/Measurement) of each event property to implement
this feature - I think that Philipp or Johannes added the opportunity to assign the PropertyScope
in StreamPipes Connect for the last release.
To exclude the timestamp, we could then assign a required PropertyScope DIMENSION to the mapping
property. In the UI, when you configure a pipeline element, there is already a switch called
"Show recommended settings only" - this could be on by default and filter event properties
for properties that match the required scope.

Dominik

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Wiener <wiener@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 8:41 PM
To: dev@streampipes.apache.org
Subject: Exclude timestamp from mapping properties

Hi,

I was just working on updating the aggregation pipeline element in flink to support nary-mappings,
when I stumbled upon this.

Currently, we show the timestamp fields as potential mapping properties in the user dialog
as suitable candidates, e.g. to perform aggregation such as calculating an average. I guess,
it make sense to exclude the timestamp field(s) from the list of mapping properties, such
that timestamps are not shown to the user - if not necessarily be required by the pipeline
element.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Patrick