streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Patrick Wiener <wie...@apache.org>
Subject Exclude timestamp from mapping properties
Date Mon, 02 Dec 2019 19:40:56 GMT

Hi,

I was just working on updating the aggregation pipeline element in flink to support nary-mappings,
when I stumbled upon this.

Currently, we show the timestamp fields as potential mapping properties in the user dialog
as suitable candidates, e.g. to perform
aggregation such as calculating an average. I guess, it make sense to exclude the timestamp
field(s) from the list of mapping properties,
such that timestamps are not shown to the user - if not necessarily be required by the pipeline
element.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Patrick