streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Philipp Zehnder <zehn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RE: Exclude timestamp from mapping properties
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2019 06:04:59 GMT
Hi,

yes, exactly.
When a user creates a new adapter it can be defined whether a property is a dimension property
(can later be used to group the streams), a header property (like the timestamp), or a measurement
property (containing usually sensor values and other measurements).

This information can then later be used for the recommended settings.

@Dominik, should’t it be a PropertyScope of MEASUREMENT?

Cheers,
Philipp

On 2019/12/02 22:03:28, Dominik Riemer <r...@fzi.de> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,>
>
> I like this idea!>
> We could use the PropertyScope (Header/Dimension/Measurement) of each event property
to implement this feature - I think that Philipp or Johannes added the opportunity to assign
the PropertyScope in StreamPipes Connect for the last release.>
> To exclude the timestamp, we could then assign a required PropertyScope DIMENSION to
the mapping property. In the UI, when you configure a pipeline element, there is already a
switch called "Show recommended settings only" - this could be on by default and filter event
properties for properties that match the required scope.>

> Dominik>

as suitable candidates, e.g. to perform aggregation such as calculating an average. I guess,
it make sense to exclude the timestamp field(s) from the list of mapping properties, such
that timestamps are not shown to the user - if not necessarily be required by the pipeline
element.>