streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@fzi.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Merge Connect Master and Backend
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 10:50:52 GMT
Hi Philipp,

+1 for this idea, if we keep the modules separated, it should be only a few lines of code
to integrate connect-master into the backend and it‘s one container less.

If we later on decide that we have some deployment setup where we need a separate service
(e.g., master as high-availability nodes), we can easily extract the module again.

Dominik

> Am 13.12.2019 um 09:36 schrieb Philipp Zehnder <zehnder@apache.org>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to discuss whether we should merge the Connect Master Container and our backend.
>
> We already need a lot of docker containers to run StreamPipes my suggestion is to merge
the Connect Master Container and the Backend.

> Currently the master container just manages the workers and does not have to perform
any further processing.

> We might loose some flexibility, but I think in most of the cases the connect master
and the backend will run on the same host anyway.