streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Philipp Zehnder <zehn...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Merge Connect Master and Backend
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2019 08:36:18 GMT
Hi all,

I wanted to discuss whether we should merge the Connect Master Container and our backend.

We already need a lot of docker containers to run StreamPipes my suggestion is to merge the
Connect Master Container and the Backend.

Currently the master container just manages the workers and does not have to perform any further
processing.

We might loose some flexibility, but I think in most of the cases the connect master and the
backend will run on the same host anyway.

Cheers,
Philipp