streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominik Riemer" <rie...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Exclude timestamp from mapping properties
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2019 21:54:14 GMT
Hi Patrick,

I just did committed some minor changes to the UI to enable the exclusion of
timestamps from mapping properties.
The "show only recommended elements" switch in the pipeline element
configuration should now be turned on by default and if both (event
properties and processor requirements) do provide a PropertyScope,
non-matching event properties are excluded from MappingProperty selections.

Would be great if you could give it a try ;-)

Dominik

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik Riemer
Sent: Monday, December 2, 2019 11:03 PM
To: 'dev@streampipes.apache.org' <dev@streampipes.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Exclude timestamp from mapping properties

Hi Patrick,

I like this idea!
We could use the PropertyScope (Header/Dimension/Measurement) of each event
property to implement this feature - I think that Philipp or Johannes added
the opportunity to assign the PropertyScope in StreamPipes Connect for the
last release.
To exclude the timestamp, we could then assign a required PropertyScope
DIMENSION to the mapping property. In the UI, when you configure a pipeline
element, there is already a switch called "Show recommended settings only" -
this could be on by default and filter event properties for properties that
match the required scope.

Dominik