streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominik Riemer" <rie...@apache.org>
Subject RE: SP Language internationalization
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2019 15:00:33 GMT
Hi,

thanks for you question!

Currently, we don’t really support different languages. But we have made some first steps
to support this feature in the future:

-        From the UI side, we would just need to extract the used string values and include
some framework that manages internationalization, which should be absolutely doable.

-        For pipeline elements, which act as microservices and provide their own implementation,
we need to support internationalization separately. For that, we already added some first
features to support different languages in the future:

o   For each pipeline element, developers can already specify one or more strings.LANGUAGE
files to isolate required string values from the pipeline element description. Such assets
are stored in StreamPipes once a pipeline element is installed

o   We currently do not yet use other string values than strings.en files in StreamPipes,
but plan to implement this in the future.

As you might have heard, StreamPipes has just recently joined the Apache Software Foundation
as an incubating project, so that we can better grow the community. It would be great if you
would subscribe to one of our brand-new mailing lists (https://streampipes.apache.org/mailinglists.html).
I’m also forwarding your mail to the dev list, maybe someone is willing to support the implementation
of this feature. Of course, if you you would want to contribute to developing this feature,
your help is highly appreciated and we can talk in more detail on the required steps.

If you have any further questions, we’ll be glad to help!

Dominik