streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From "Dominik Riemer" <rie...@apache.org>
Subject December Podling Report - Draft
Date Sun, 01 Dec 2019 13:36:10 GMT
Hi all,

although I was hoping that we’ll manage to complete the initial setup before
the first board report, it is time to finish our report.
Please have a look at the draft below and send any comments you have!

Dominik

## StreamPipes

StreamPipes is a self-service (Industrial) IoT toolbox to enable non-
technical users to connect, analyze and explore (Industrial) IoT data
streams.

StreamPipes has been incubating since 2019-11-11.

### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Finish the initial setup
  2. Make a first Apache release
  3. Grow the community

### Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?
There are now issues right now.

### How has the community developed since the last report?
All initial committers have subscribed to the new mailing list. We started
to spread the project on Twitter and other channels to reach more potential
community members, but currently, the main priority is to move the project
infrastructure to Apache.
There was also one event focused on extending the developer base:
* We gave a talk at a meetup on "Self-Service IoT Data Analytics with
StreamPipes" (~70 participants)

### How has the project developed since the last report?
Most work during the last month was focused around setting up StreamPipes:

* Creation of mailing lists
* Setting up the new StreamPipes Jira
* We made a last pre-Apache release and started to refactor our code
(restructuring the code base to reflect the new repository structure)
* The website and documentation is already moved to Apache Git repositories,
and a draft is online at streampipes.apache.org, however, we need to wait to
"announce" the web page and forward traffic from the existing domains until
the Git repos are all transferred
* Right now, we are waiting to transfer our existing Git repos from the
streampipes organization to the Apache organization on Github
* We are also waiting to get admin accesss to the StreamPipes instance on
Jira to import existing issues to the new issue tracker

### How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  - [x] Initial setup
  - [ ] Working towards first release
  - [ ] Community building
  - [ ] Nearing graduation
  - [ ] Other:

### Date of last release:

  XXXX-XX-XX

### When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
No new committers were elected beyond the initial committers. We'll focus on
attracting new committers once the initial setup is finished.

### Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?
Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any
open issues that need to be addressed.

We would really like to thank our mentors. Chris was very helpful and
responsive in setting up the infrastructure, and all questions we had on the
mailing list were answered immediately by our mentors.

### Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?
Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings
name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to
correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

* We did an initial podling name search and created a ticket to get the name
approved in Jira.

### Signed-off-by:

  - [ ] (streampipes) Christofer Dutz
     Comments:
  - [ ] (streampipes) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
     Comments:
  - [ ] (streampipes) Julian Feinauer
     Comments:
  - [ ] (streampipes) Justin Mclean