streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Podling Name Search / Logo
Date Sun, 24 Nov 2019 22:08:32 GMT
Hi all,

thanks!
So I just conducted the name search and filed a ticket in Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PODLINGNAMESEARCH/issues/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-174
It seems there are good chances that the name will be accepted :-)

It would be great if you could have a look and provide any feedback or things I've missed!

Dominik

On 2019/11/19 21:13:18, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> Hi Dominik,
>
> I for my part would highly suggest to do it early.
>
> If you have a look at the Apache Edgent project, you will find lots of material mentioning
Quarks (Which was the original name).
> The later the change (if the name-search would fail) the more needs to be changed. The
later the change the better established the first one was.

> So from my side a big +1 to do it really early.
>
> Chris
>
> ´╗┐Am 19.11.19, 21:50 schrieb "Dominik Riemer" <riemer@fzi.de>:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     is there anything that prevents us from starting a podling name search right now
at this early stage?
>     If you agree, I'd create a ticket in JIRA and conduct the name search.
>
>     In parallel, we would also ask our media department at FZI to create some proposals
for the new Apache StreamPipes logo, which we can discuss on the list afterwards.