streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website Migration / Non-Apache releases
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2019 21:54:12 GMT
The new website will integrate the content from the homepage (streampipes.org) and the docs
(docs.streampipes.org)

Both sites need to be built with npm:
* I'm currently rewriting the homepage to a harp.js site which will compile the ejs-based
content to plain html files
* The docs are based on Docusaurus and also result in plain html files after compiling the
source.
* After both sites are built, they can be merged into a single directory, where the root folder
contains the website elements and a docs folder contains the documentation.

We would then need a Jenkins job that first builds the website, then the documentation and
afterwards merges both "compiled" folders to a single directory and pushes it to the asf-site
branch.

This should work, right?

The new website is almost ready and I'm quite sure that the code grant will be signed by tomorrow,
so it'll be the first thing we'll probably commit to the new git repos ;-)

@Justin: Thanks for the link, yes, we'll rename our Docker hub account and also do the other
stuff explained there, the same probably also applies to our Twitter account (although not
related to releases but to brand management).

Dominik

On 2019/11/18 14:04:47, Christofer Dutz <christofer.dutz@c-ware.de> wrote:
> By the way ... what are you building your website with?
>
> Are you editing the html, javascript, css etc. manually or are is there some sort of
build involved?

> If it's pure "HTML-Programming" (Couldn’t make the double quotes bigger and fatter)
you probably don't need to do anything.
> If you're compiling/transpiling something.
> Usually you would commit the result to a detached git branch called "asf-site" branch
for the ASF tooling to automatically update the website.

> But I can help you with all of this.
>
> Chris
>

> Am 18.11.19, 10:54 schrieb "Dominik Riemer" <riemer@fzi.de>:
>
>     Hi Justin,
>     thanks, that sounds good!
>     Our recommended installation includes an installation script and convenience Docker
images on Docker Hub. The script basically generates a Docker-Compose file and downloads the
images from Docker Hub. We would also clearly mark the non-apache releases in the README on
Docker Hub.
>     Besides Docker Hub, binary releases are currently available on Maven Central (under
org.streampipes coordinates)

>     Dominik

clearly visible that these are NOT Apache Releases.

>     Yes just as long as they are clearly marked as non Apache releases all is good. Are
the releases available anywhere else?