streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@fzi.de>
Subject Re: Website Migration / Non-Apache releases
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2019 12:40:37 GMT
Sorry, the last sentence should have been: "Is that ok or do we need to remove all references
that allow users to download a pre-Apache release?

On 2019/11/16 12:38:31, Dominik Riemer <riemer@fzi.de<mailto:riemer@fzi.de>> wrote:

> Hi,

> I'm currently working on migrating the current website to an Apache website and read
a little bit on how to handle pre-Apache releases.

> I'd like to ask whether the following changes would be sufficient to comply with ASF
policy, while we would still allow users to download pre-Apache releases until our first release:

> - on https://docs.streampipes.org,  (will be later streampipes.incubator.apache.org/docs),
we would mark all versions with some "non-apache release" appendix (see the version in the
upper left corner) and also update the user guide with some disclaimer

> - on https://streampipes.org/en/download,  (later streampipes.incuabtor.apache.org/download),
we would add some fat disclaimer stating that the installer downloads a pre-Apache release

> - on Github, we would add a "non-apache-release" appendix to all previously released
versions