streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@fzi.de>
Subject [DISCUSS] Confluence Wiki for StreamPipes
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2019 22:32:43 GMT
Hi again,

so there's a first thing I'd like to discuss: Do we want to have a Confluence wiki?

Currently, we host an internal wiki targeted at developers which includes, for instance:
* Release Guides (what to do, how to release to Maven central, how to create release notes)
* Some general guidelines (nothing special, but some Java development guidelines, some guidelines
for UI development)
* Some how-tos (how to build the UI, how to set up a development environment, how to develop
under windows etc.)
* Some pages to discuss/present planned future features that require breaking changes ("StreamPipes
Improvement Proposals")

Personally, I think it might be a good idea to have such information in the wiki and not on
the homepage, so that we do not confuse the non-technical target audience of StreamPipes with
too much technical stuff on the website...

What do you think?

Dominik