streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject BACnet/IP and KNXnet/IP stuff
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2019 14:41:46 GMT
Hi all,

I just wanted to tell you that in the Apache PLC4X project I’m working on two tuples of
StreamPipes adapters:

  *   BACnet/IP
  *   KNXnet/IP

Both will contain two pipeline elements:

  *   A source which generates a data-stream of data going over the bus
  *   A transformer which enriches the raw data-stream with additional data

The BACnet/IP module uses EDE files to enrich the data-stream which enriches the stream with
names, descriptions, locations, type information, min, max, …
The KNXnet/IP module uses ETS5 “knxproj” files which does something similar but uses the
project files usually created when programming the KNX system.

Really looking forward to playing around with this.

Chris