streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Some things I noticed ...
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2019 08:57:38 GMT
Hi all,

I just want to bring to the list some things I noticed, which could be worth finding a solution
for as this could ease new developers start working with SP.

  1.  If I develop any component, the declareModel method defines the configuration of this
component. The first time it is used the settings are stored in Consul and loaded the next
time. However if I change the structure of the settings, this is not detected or handled.
I have to manually update/delete the settings in consul. I think it shouldn’t be difficult
to check if the structure is equal/similar and to react on changes (remove now obsolete settings,
redefine settings that have changed in their configuration, add new settings)
  2.  It would be great if it was possible to pass events with properties that are not explicitly
defined. In addition a processor would be good that can enrich an event by upgrading undeclared
event properties to declared ones (Hope you understand what I mean)
  3.  If I configure a dashboard and customize that (size and position of the elements, order
and size of columns) and I go to another page and come back, the settings are gone again.
It would be great (and pretty important) to save such customizations.

Chris