streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Subject Re: Podling Name Search / Logo
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:03:29 GMT
Hi Dominik,

I would suggest you add to your Jira issues some details:
- Mention you checked the 4 trademark registries for a registration with this name
- Provide the results of you checking the usage of the name on github, sourceforge, ...
- Provide the results of a normal google search for the name to prove that it's not overly
used in multiple ways, not used by any other project and generally protectable.

The namesearch should have as a result that:
- The name is not a registered trademark
- The name is not used by multiple projects (Hereby the ASF could not enforce the name as
an implicit trademark) (Protecting "Apache Wombat" would not be possible as it's to commonly
used ... even in the IT sector (Ask Justin about that))

The more information you provide, the sooner the search is finished and the results are official.

Chris