streampipes-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Riemer <rie...@fzi.de>
Subject Website Migration / Non-Apache releases
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2019 12:38:31 GMT
Hi,
I'm currently working on migrating the current website to an Apache website and read a little
bit on how to handle pre-Apache releases.

I'd like to ask whether the following changes would be sufficient to comply with ASF policy,
while we would still allow users to download pre-Apache releases until our first release:
- on https://docs.streampipes.org,  (will be later streampipes.incubator.apache.org/docs),
we would mark all versions with some "non-apache release" appendix (see the version in the
upper left corner) and also update the user guide with some disclaimer
- on https://streampipes.org/en/download,  (later streampipes.incuabtor.apache.org/download),
we would add some fat disclaimer stating that the installer downloads a pre-Apache release
- on Github, we would add a "non-apache-release" appendix to all previously released versions

Is that ok or do we need to remove all references that allow users a pre-Apache release?

Dominik