stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Akila Ravihansa Perera <raviha...@wso2.com>
Subject Improvements for Python cartridge agent
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 10:03:56 GMT
Hi,

I've made some improvements to PCA related to artifact distribution process.

There was a limitation in PCA which limited users from providing special
characters in git credentials. Now git credentials are URL encoded to
escape against special characters. Also now PCA updates git credentials for
each tenant if it receives an artifact updated event with updated git
credentials. This means you can change your git password without having to
redeploy the application. But we still need to implement the UI and Stratos
API for publishing the artifact updated event with changed credentials.

I've further improved checkout job and commit job by allowing users to
plugin their custom logic via PCA extensions. Sometimes it is important
that artifact management be handled specific to the process that is running
in the instance. I've introduced 2 new extensions points; ArtifactCommitJob
and ArtifactCheckoutJob to plugin custom logic into PCA.
If there are any plugins registered for this event, it will run the plugin
and skip the default behavior. Also there can be only one plugin registered
for this event. If it detects more than one plugin registered for any of
these events, it will throw and exception and exit the artifact sync
scheduler job. This is to avoid any mishaps while deploying the PCA.

I've added a new integration test for PCA, ADCExtensionTestCase to validate
this use case.

Thanks.

--
Akila Ravihansa Perera