stratos-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Gayan Gunarathne <gay...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Dev] Integration Tests Failing in 4.1.x Branch
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2015 05:06:38 GMT
yeah.Seems we are catching the wrong exception.

StratosApiV41Utils.java
       try {
                autoscalerServiceClient.undeployApplication(applicationId,
force);

                try {
                    clearMetadata(applicationId);
                } catch (RegistryException e) {
                    String message = "Could not remove application
metadata: [application-id] " + applicationId;
                    log.error(message, e);
                    throw new RestAPIException(message, e);
                }
            }

We need to catch the RestAPIException

Thanks,
Gayan

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:44 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> I'm now seeing below error in 4.1.x branch:
>
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [INFO] Total time: 1:48.133s
> [INFO] Finished at: Wed Sep 16 09:42:32 IST 2015
> [INFO] Final Memory: 438M/1073M
> [INFO]
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.1:compile
> (default-compile) on project org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint: Compilation
> failure
> [ERROR]
> /Users/imesh/dev/apache/stratos/stratos/components/org.apache.stratos.rest.endpoint/src/main/java/org/apache/stratos/rest/endpoint/api/StratosApiV41Utils.java:[1906,18]
> error: exception RegistryException is never thrown in body of corresponding
> try statement
> [ERROR] -> [Help 1]
>
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <
> ravihansa@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm still not able to reproduce this issue locally. I've run integration
>> tests multiple times and they are successful at every time. I compared the
>> p2-profile and and configuration files between Stratos 4.1.2 and Stratos
>> 4.1.3-SNAPSHOT, and there are no differences in p2-profile. Same dependency
>> jar files exist in repository/plugins directory. But I found some minor
>> changes to configuration files (packed inside repository/conf). This was
>> due to some issues in distribution descriptor file (assembly.xml used by
>> maven-assembly plugin). I've fixed that and now the configuration matches
>> that of Stratos 4.1.2.
>>
>> Can someone please pull the latest from Stratos 4.1.x branch and try to
>> build with tests?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Akila Ravihansa Perera <
>> ravihansa@wso2.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Gayan,
>>>
>>> lock timeout is already set to 60s which is not the problem I think. It
>>> seems this is a known issue in Carbon registry [1]. There is a fix
>>> suggested in wso2-dev mailing list which is to set the mvcc option. I'm
>>> currently trying that option locally.
>>>
>>> [1] https://wso2.org/jira/browse/REGISTRY-2715
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Gayan Gunarathne <gayang@wso2.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Seems this is a intermittent issue.Seems to be that another process has
>>>> locked the table, and I think we may need to try with increasing the lock
>>>> timeout and multi-version concurrency option[1][2]
>>>>
>>>> [1]http://h2database.com/html/grammar.html#set_lock_timeout
>>>> [2]http://www.h2database.com/html/advanced.html#mvcc
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Thanks,
>>>> Gayan
>>>>
>>>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 7:22 AM, Dinithi De Silva <dinithis@wso2.com>
>>>> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> It looks like this is the same issue which Udara has reported
>>>>>  sometime back [1].
>>>>>
>>>>> [1] - Registry issue when persisting topology
>>>>>
>>>>> On Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 7:20 AM, Dinithi De Silva <dinithis@wso2.com>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> It looks like this is the same issue which Udara has reported
>>>>>> sometime back [1].
>>>>>>
>>>>>> [1] - Registry issue when persisting topology
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 6:38 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org>
>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Devs,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I see the following issue in 4.1.x branch:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> INFO - [2015-09-14 06:39:49,522]  INFO
>>>>>>> {org.apache.stratos.mock.iaas.services.impl.MockIaasServiceImpl}
-
>>>>>>>  Terminating instance: [instance-id]
>>>>>>> sample-applications-test-1.c1-1x0-sample-applications-test.c1-sample-applications-test.domaina2d8a0c8-a1dd-4e3e-84d5-cadc56b0e58e
>>>>>>> INFO - [2015-09-14 06:39:49,568]  INFO
>>>>>>> {org.apache.stratos.mock.iaas.services.impl.MockInstance} - 
Mock member
>>>>>>> terminated: [member-id]
>>>>>>> sample-applications-test-1.c1-1x0-sample-applications-test.c1-sample-applications-test.domaina2d8a0c8-a1dd-4e3e-84d5-cadc56b0e58e
>>>>>>> INFO - [2015-09-14 06:40:08,147]  INFO
>>>>>>> {org.apache.stratos.cep.extension.FaultHandlingWindowProcessor}
-  Faulty
>>>>>>> member detected [member-id]
>>>>>>> partition-round-robin-test.my-c7.c7-partition-round-robin-test.domain5379abc6-b698-4a11-962b-7581d12cc99f
>>>>>>> with [last time-stamp] 1442192853747 [time-out] 60000 milliseconds
>>>>>>> INFO - [2015-09-14 06:40:08,147]  WARN
>>>>>>> {org.apache.stratos.cep.extension.FaultHandlingWindowProcessor}
-  Failed
>>>>>>> to publish member fault event. Member having [member-id]
>>>>>>> partition-round-robin-test.my-c7.c7-partition-round-robin-test.domain5379abc6-b698-4a11-962b-7581d12cc99f
>>>>>>> does not exist in topology
>>>>>>> INFO - [2015-09-14 06:40:08,147]  INFO
>>>>>>> {org.apache.stratos.cep.extension.FaultHandlingWindowProcessor}
-  Faulty
>>>>>>> member detected [member-id]
>>>>>>> partition-round-robin-test.my-c7.c7-partition-round-robin-test.domaincc424d16-4aaa-4321-bd53-9d0721f8cdad
>>>>>>> with [last time-stamp] 1442192778658 [time-out] 60000 milliseconds
>>>>>>> INFO - [2015-09-14 06:40:08,147]  WARN
>>>>>>> {org.apache.stratos.cep.extension.FaultHandlingWindowProcessor}
-  Failed
>>>>>>> to publish member fault event. Member having [member-id]
>>>>>>> partition-round-robin-test.my-c7.c7-partition-round-robin-test.domaincc424d16-4aaa-4321-bd53-9d0721f8cdad
>>>>>>> does not exist in topology
>>>>>>> INFO - [2015-09-14 06:40:49,535] ERROR
>>>>>>> {org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.jdbc.dao.JDBCResourceDAO} -  Failed
to check
>>>>>>> the existence of the resource /_system/governance/mock.iaas/instances.
>>>>>>> Timeout trying to lock table "REG_RESOURCE"; SQL statement:
>>>>>>> INFO - SELECT REG_VERSION FROM REG_RESOURCE WHERE REG_PATH_ID=?
AND
>>>>>>> REG_NAME=? AND REG_TENANT_ID=? [50200-140]
>>>>>>> INFO - org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Timeout trying to lock table
>>>>>>> "REG_RESOURCE"; SQL statement:
>>>>>>> INFO - SELECT REG_VERSION FROM REG_RESOURCE WHERE REG_PATH_ID=?
AND
>>>>>>> REG_NAME=? AND REG_TENANT_ID=? [50200-140]
>>>>>>> INFO - at
>>>>>>> org.h2.message.DbException.getJdbcSQLException(DbException.java:327)
>>>>>>> INFO - at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:167)
>>>>>>> INFO - at org.h2.message.DbException.get(DbException.java:144)
>>>>>>> INFO - at org.h2.table.RegularTable.doLock(RegularTable.java:466)
>>>>>>> INFO - at org.h2.table.RegularTable.lock(RegularTable.java:404)
>>>>>>> INFO - at org.h2.table.TableFilter.lock(TableFilter.java:139)
>>>>>>> INFO - at
>>>>>>> org.h2.command.dml.Select.queryWithoutCache(Select.java:554)
>>>>>>> INFO - at org.h2.command.dml.Query.query(Query.java:241)
>>>>>>> INFO - at
>>>>>>> org.h2.command.CommandContainer.query(CommandContainer.java:80)
>>>>>>> INFO - at org.h2.command.Command.executeQuery(Command.java:132)
>>>>>>> INFO - at
>>>>>>> org.h2.jdbc.JdbcPreparedStatement.executeQuery(JdbcPreparedStatement.java:96)
>>>>>>> INFO - at
>>>>>>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.jdbc.dao.JDBCResourceDAO.getVersion(JDBCResourceDAO.java:197)
>>>>>>> INFO - at
>>>>>>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.jdbc.dao.JDBCResourceDAO.resourceExists(JDBCResourceDAO.java:147)
>>>>>>> INFO - at
>>>>>>> org.wso2.carbon.registry.core.jdbc.dao.JDBCResourceDAO.resourceExists(JDBCResourceDAO.java:156)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Thanks
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
>>>>>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> *Dinithi De Silva*
>>>>>> Associate Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>>>>>> m:+94716667655 | e:dinithis@wso2.com | w: www.wso2.com
>>>>>> | a: #20, Palm Grove, Colombo 03
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> *Dinithi De Silva*
>>>>> Associate Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
>>>>> m:+94716667655 | e:dinithis@wso2.com | w: www.wso2.com
>>>>> | a: #20, Palm Grove, Colombo 03
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>> Gayan Gunarathne
>>>> Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
>>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>> email : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 775030545 <%2B94%20766819985>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>> Akila Ravihansa Perera
>>> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
>>>
>>> Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Akila Ravihansa Perera
>> WSO2 Inc.;  http://wso2.com/
>>
>> Blog: http://ravihansa3000.blogspot.com
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>



-- 

Gayan Gunarathne
Technical Lead, WSO2 Inc. (http://wso2.com)
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
email : gayang@wso2.com  | mobile : +94 775030545 <%2B94%20766819985>

Mime
View raw message