stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Thanuja Uruththirakodeeswaran <thanu...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Setting InstanceMetadata for Mock IaaS instances
Date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 08:22:22 GMT
Currently we have following attributes in InstanceMetadata bean class:
hostname, hypervisor, cpu, ram, imageId, loginPort, operatingSystemName,
operatingSystemVersion, operatingSystemArchitecture, operatingSystem64bit

I'm planning to include those attributes in mock-iaas.xml file as follow:

<mock-iaas enabled="true">
    <cartridge type="type-1">
        <health-statistics>

        </health-statistics>
        <instance-metadata>
            <hostname></hostname>
        <hypervisor></hypervisor>
        <cpu></cpu>
        <ram></ram>
        <imageId></imageId>
        <loginPort></loginPort>
        <operatingSystemName></operatingSystemVersion>
        <operatingSystemArchitecture></operatingSystemArchitecture>
        <operatingSystem64bit></operatingSystem64bit>
         </cartridge>
    </instance-metadata>
</mock-iaas>

Here we can *define the instance metadata per cartridge* and if it is not
set for a cartridge we can use default values.

@Gayan How we can generate these metadata dynamically in Mock IaaS. In
jclouds IaaS, it gets these metadata from nodeMetadata. In Kubernetes
currently we set cpu, ram as cartridge properties and also we define
imageId in cartridge definition in the iaaSProvider element.

Thanks.