stratos-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Reka Thirunavukkarasu <r...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Release Apache Stratos 4.1.0 RC2.
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 06:06:09 GMT
Hi

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:10 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> IMO we need to do some refinements in the application lifecycle management
> logic and make it unit testable in a future release. Otherwise it would be
> nearly impossible to verify all the application related features when we
> are doing a release.
>

+1 for doing this. This is really good suggestion and will reduce the
maintenance effort.

Thanks,
Reka

>
> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:51 PM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <reka@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> I have found below issues in 4.1.0-RC2. I'm trying to fix them. I will
>> update as i progress with it.
>>
>> - Group level deployment policy validation is not there
>> - Group scaling is not working with the nested level groups where more
>> than one group level support group scaling.
>> - Group scaling was not working  properly when there is no deployment
>> policy defined at the group level
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Reka
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Pubudu Gunatilaka <pubudug@wso2.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Devs,
>>>
>>> I found following issues we had in 4.1.0-RC2 and I have already fixed
>>> them.
>>>
>>> - Network partition provider wasn't changed based on the iaas provider
>>> when adding a new network partition. Every time it showed as mock. Issue we
>>> had here was not setting up the provider in output from the REST API.
>>> - Added a new API method to list down all the available Iaas providers.
>>> This is useful when deploying a multi-region deployment.
>>> - Fixed another issue found on listing application policies in CLI.
>>>
>>> Thank you!
>>>
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Thanks Anuruddha!
>>>>
>>>> I just did another fix where we have not set the carbon home as the
>>>> default file path of the jndi.properties file path in messaging component
>>>> (AMQPTopicConnector). As a result when Stratos is setup with an external
>>>> CEP it fails saying that it cannot find the jndi.properties
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> https://github.com/apache/stratos/commit/b26359336e92ccaf29f62cbaeaec3345f009d50b
>>>>
>>>> Shall we proceed with 4.1.0-RC3 now?
>>>>
>>>> On Mon, Jun 8, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <
>>>> anuruddhal@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>>>
>>>>> ast.literal_eval method evaluate a given variable is valid python
>>>>> variable. In this scenario it check for a python dictionary.
>>>>>
>>>>> On Sat, Jun 6, 2015 at 12:23 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org>
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Anuruddha,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <
>>>>>> anuruddhal@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> This error occurs when your input format is not decalred correctly.
>>>>>>> The value should be in following format with double quotes.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> CONFIG_PARAM_WKA_MEMBERS="10.0.0.1:4000,10.0.0.1:5000"
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> As I can remember in this scenario there was no issue with the
input
>>>>>> format. Can you please explain the reason for using
>>>>>> ast.literal_eval(variable)?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 7:00 PM, Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <
>>>>>> anuruddhal@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Imesh,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> This error occurs when your input format is not decalred correctly.
>>>>>>> The value should be in following format with double quotes.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> CONFIG_PARAM_WKA_MEMBERS="10.0.0.1:4000,10.0.0.1:5000"
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 6:50 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org>
>>>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I found the following issue in
>>>>>>>> ConfigParserUtil.convert_properties_to_dictionary
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>>>> File "configurator.py", line 159, in <module>
>>>>>>>> configure()
>>>>>>>> File "configurator.py", line 151, in configure
>>>>>>>> context = generate_context(config_file_path)
>>>>>>>> File "configurator.py", line 110, in generate_context
>>>>>>>> context['CONFIG_PARAM_WKA_MEMBERS'])
>>>>>>>> File "/opt/wso2configurator-4.1.0/configparserutil.py", line
42, in
>>>>>>>> convert_properties_to_dictionary
>>>>>>>> properties = ast.literal_eval(variable).split(",")
>>>>>>>> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ast.py", line 49, in literal_eval
>>>>>>>> node_or_string = parse(node_or_string, mode='eval')
>>>>>>>> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ast.py", line 37, in parse
>>>>>>>> return compile(source, filename, mode, PyCF_ONLY_AST)
>>>>>>>> File "<unknown>", line 1
>>>>>>>> 10.0.0.1:4000,10.0.0.1:5000
>>>>>>>> ^
>>>>>>>> SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> What was the reason for using ast.literal_eval(variable)
here?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Anuruddha Liyanarachchi <
>>>>>>>> anuruddhal@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Hi Devs,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Now I am getting following error.
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> 2015-06-01 18:03:17,287:DEBUG:Running checkout job
>>>>>>>>>> Exception in thread Thread-38:
>>>>>>>>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>>>>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 551,
in
>>>>>>>>>> __bootstrap_inner
>>>>>>>>>>     self.run()
>>>>>>>>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 504,
in run
>>>>>>>>>>     self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
>>>>>>>>>>   File
>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/artifactmgt/git/agentgithandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>> line 456, in execute_task
>>>>>>>>>>     AgentGitHandler.checkout(self.repo_info)
>>>>>>>>>>   File
>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/artifactmgt/git/agentgithandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>> line 61, in checkout
>>>>>>>>>>     if AgentGitHandler.is_valid_git_repository(git_repo):
>>>>>>>>>>   File
>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/artifactmgt/git/agentgithandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>> line 139, in is_valid_git_repository
>>>>>>>>>>     output, errors =
>>>>>>>>>> AgentGitHandler.execute_git_command(["show-ref"],
git_repo.local_repo_path)
>>>>>>>>>>   File
>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/artifactmgt/git/agentgithandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>> line 433, in execute_git_command
>>>>>>>>>>     p = subprocess.Popen(command, stdout=subprocess.PIPE,
>>>>>>>>>> stderr=subprocess.PIPE, env=os_env, cwd=repo_path)
>>>>>>>>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679,
in __init__
>>>>>>>>>>     errread, errwrite)
>>>>>>>>>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249,
in
>>>>>>>>>> _execute_child
>>>>>>>>>>     raise child_exception
>>>>>>>>>> OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/www'
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 6:17 PM, Anuruddha Liyanarachchi
<
>>>>>>>>> anuruddhal@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Hi Devs,
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I have identified root cause for the error [1]. This
is because
>>>>>>>>>> tenant_id is stored as an unicode string in dictionary
and the passed
>>>>>>>>>> tenant id is an integer.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> {u'-1234': <modules.artifactmgt.git.agentgithandler.GitRepository
instance at 0x1cbeb00>}
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> I have fixed the issue now in the PR [2]. Please
review and merge.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>  [1]
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> 2015-05-31 23:51:33,583:ERROR:Error processing
>>>>>>>>>>> 'ApplicationSignUpRemovedEvent' event
>>>>>>>>>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>>>>>>>>>   File
>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/subscriber/eventsubscriber.py",
>>>>>>>>>>> line 103, in run
>>>>>>>>>>>     handler(event_msg)
>>>>>>>>>>>   File "agent.py", line 294, in on_application_signup_removed
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> self.__event_handler.on_application_signup_removed_event(event_obj)
>>>>>>>>>>>   File
>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/event/eventhandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>>> line 355, in on_application_signup_removed_event
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> AgentGitHandler.remove_repo(application_signup_removal_event.tenantId)
>>>>>>>>>>>   File
>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/artifactmgt/git/agentgithandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>>> line 407, in remove_repo
>>>>>>>>>>>     git_repo.scheduled_update_task.terminate()
>>>>>>>>>>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute
>>>>>>>>>>> 'scheduled_update_task'
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> [2] https://github.com/apache/stratos/pull/363
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 12:13 PM, Anuruddha Liyanarachchi
<
>>>>>>>>>> anuruddhal@wso2.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Devs,
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> I am working on the PCA error, in the undeployment
process.
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:20 AM, Isuru Haththotuwa
<
>>>>>>>>>>> isuruh@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Isuru Haththotuwa
<
>>>>>>>>>>>> isuruh@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hi Lahiru,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Had a look. Here, the method call
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 'AgentGitHandler.get_repo(tenant_id)'
seems to be not returning the
>>>>>>>>>>>>> expected git_repo object. Its returning
a NoneType object, similar to NULL.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> The root cause AFAIS is the git repository
being removed upon receiving
>>>>>>>>>>>>> application signup removed event in eventhandler.py
[1].
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> [1].
>>>>>>>>>>>>> AgentGitHandler.remove_repo(application_signup_removed_event.tenanId)
>>>>>>>>>>>>> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 12:03 AM, Lahiru
Sandaruwan <
>>>>>>>>>>>>> lahirus@wso2.com> wrote:On Tue, May
26, 2015 at 2:08 PM,
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org>
wrote:I did an end to end
>>>>>>>>>>>>> test with Kubernetes, single-cartridge
application and found the below
>>>>>>>>>>>>> error in PCA when un-deploying the application:I
have committed fix sent by
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chamila and it solves this. Then i got
an issue in tenant id retrieval due
>>>>>>>>>>>>> to a typo. I have fixed it as well.Still
get the following error, [1] in
>>>>>>>>>>>>> the undeployment process. Looking into
it.Thanks.[1] 2015-05-31
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 23:51:33,583:INFO:Processing Tenant unsubscribed
event: [tenant] -1234
>>>>>>>>>>>>> [application ID] single-cartridge-app2015-05-31
23:51:33,583:ERROR:Error
>>>>>>>>>>>>> processing 'ApplicationSignUpRemovedEvent'
eventTraceback (most recent call
>>>>>>>>>>>>> last):  File
>>>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/subscriber/eventsubscriber.py",
>>>>>>>>>>>>> line 103, in run    handler(event_msg)
 File "agent.py", line 294, in
>>>>>>>>>>>>> on_application_signup_removed
>>>>>>>>>>>>> self.__event_handler.on_application_signup_removed_event(event_obj)
 File
>>>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/event/eventhandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>>>>> line 355, in on_application_signup_removed_event
>>>>>>>>>>>>> AgentGitHandler.remove_repo(application_signup_removal_event.tenantId)
>>>>>>>>>>>>> File
>>>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/artifactmgt/git/agentgithandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>>>>> line 407, in remove_repo
>>>>>>>>>>>>> git_repo.scheduled_update_task.terminate()AttributeError:
'NoneType' object
>>>>>>>>>>>>> has no attribute 'scheduled_update_task'[2015-05-26
06:44:40,038] ERROR
>>>>>>>>>>>>> {eventsubscriber.py:run} - Error processing
'ApplicationSignUpRemovedEvent'
>>>>>>>>>>>>> eventTraceback (most recent call last):
 File
>>>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/subscriber/eventsubscriber.py",
>>>>>>>>>>>>> line 103, in run    handler(event_msg)
 File "agent.py", line 294, in
>>>>>>>>>>>>> on_application_signup_removed
>>>>>>>>>>>>> self.__event_handler.on_application_signup_removed_event(event_obj)
 File
>>>>>>>>>>>>> "/mnt/apache-stratos-python-cartridge-agent-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/modules/event/eventhandler.py",
>>>>>>>>>>>>> line 351, in on_application_signup_removed_event
   " [application ID] " +
>>>>>>>>>>>>> application_signup_removal_event.applicationIdTypeError:
cannot concatenate
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 'str' and 'int' objectsOn Mon, May 25,
2015 at 4:10 PM, Lahiru Sandaruwan <
>>>>>>>>>>>>> lahirus@wso2.com> wrote:Hi All,This
thread is
>>>>>>>>>>>>> for discussion of the second release
candidate of Apache Stratos 4.1.0.
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Please use this thread for discussion
of issues uncovered in the RC,
>>>>>>>>>>>>> questions you may have about the RC,
etc.RC release packs:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.1.0-rc2/The
>>>>>>>>>>>>> tag to be voted upon:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=commit;h=c3122516b83039552606f3baaa55fbcf95511162Git
>>>>>>>>>>>>> tag (4.1.0-rc2) tree view:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=stratos.git;a=tree;h=d1c97b1b68a04b1b7f8811034e096f0c7a95e0e4;hb=c3122516b83039552606f3baaa55fbcf95511162Stratos
>>>>>>>>>>>>> KEYS file containing PGP keys we use
to sign the release:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/stratos/4.1.0-rc2/KEYSThanks.--
>>>>>>>>>>>>> --Lahiru SandaruwanCommitter and PMC
member, Apache Stratos,Senior Software
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Engineer,WSO2 Inc.,
>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://wso2.comlean.enterprise.middlewarephone:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> +94773325954email: lahirus@wso2.com blog:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/linked-in:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lahiru-sandaruwan/16/153/146
--
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Imesh GunaratneSenior Technical Lead,
WSO2Committer & PMC Member, Apache
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stratos -- --Lahiru SandaruwanCommitter
and PMC member, Apache
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stratos,Senior Software Engineer,WSO2
Inc.,
>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://wso2.comlean.enterprise.middlewarephone:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> +94773325954email: lahirus@wso2.com blog:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://lahiruwrites.blogspot.com/linked-in:
>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://lk.linkedin.com/pub/lahiru-sandaruwan/16/153/146--
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks and Regards,Isuru H. +94 716 358
048
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Apologies, this might be not the root cause.
We need to see why
>>>>>>>>>>>> the AgentGitHandler.get_repo (tenant_id)
call is not returning the correct
>>>>>>>>>>>> repo object.
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanks and Regards,
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> Isuru H.
>>>>>>>>>>>> +94 716 358 048* <http://wso2.com/>*
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>>> *Thanks and Regards,*
>>>>>>>>>>> Anuruddha Lanka Liyanarachchi
>>>>>>>>>>> Software Engineer - WSO2
>>>>>>>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 712762611
>>>>>>>>>>> Tel      : +94 112 145 345
>>>>>>>>>>> a <thilinad@wso2.com>nuruddhal@wso2.com
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>>> *Thanks and Regards,*
>>>>>>>>>> Anuruddha Lanka Liyanarachchi
>>>>>>>>>> Software Engineer - WSO2
>>>>>>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 712762611
>>>>>>>>>> Tel      : +94 112 145 345
>>>>>>>>>> a <thilinad@wso2.com>nuruddhal@wso2.com
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>>> *Thanks and Regards,*
>>>>>>>>> Anuruddha Lanka Liyanarachchi
>>>>>>>>> Software Engineer - WSO2
>>>>>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 712762611
>>>>>>>>> Tel      : +94 112 145 345
>>>>>>>>> a <thilinad@wso2.com>nuruddhal@wso2.com
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
>>>>>>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --
>>>>>>> *Thanks and Regards,*
>>>>>>> Anuruddha Lanka Liyanarachchi
>>>>>>> Software Engineer - WSO2
>>>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 712762611
>>>>>>> Tel      : +94 112 145 345
>>>>>>> a <thilinad@wso2.com>nuruddhal@wso2.com
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
>>>>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> *Thanks and Regards,*
>>>>> Anuruddha Lanka Liyanarachchi
>>>>> Software Engineer - WSO2
>>>>> Mobile : +94 (0) 712762611
>>>>> Tel      : +94 112 145 345
>>>>> a <thilinad@wso2.com>nuruddhal@wso2.com
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Imesh Gunaratne
>>>>
>>>> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
>>>> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> *Pubudu Gunatilaka*
>>> Software Engineer
>>> WSO2, Inc.: http://wso2.com
>>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>> mobile:  +94 77 4078049
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Reka Thirunavukkarasu
>> Senior Software Engineer,
>> WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
>> Mobile: +94776442007
>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
> Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos
>



-- 
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Senior Software Engineer,
WSO2, Inc.:http://wso2.com,
Mobile: +94776442007

Mime
View raw message