stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Chamila De Alwis <chami...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Sequential order of the REST API response message and status code is incorrect
Date Sat, 09 May 2015 12:15:26 GMT
Hi Mary,

I have a couple of questions here regarding the significance of this field
in the response body.

1. I remember a discussion where it was considered to remove the
"statusCode" since it is duplicate information. I'm not sure what was the
conclusion in that discussion. However, having the same information in two
places is error prone, as we encountered several issues related to multiple
status codes being returned to a single request.

2. I'm not sure of the significance of the field order when it comes to
JSON. The properties will be accessed using a key, therefore, there should
not be any dependency on the order in which the fields are deserialized to
JSON.

Regards,
Chamila de Alwis
Software Engineer | WSO2 | +94772207163