stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Dakshika Jayathilaka <daksh...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Google Compute Engine Load Balancing Support for Stratos - GSoC 2015
Date Sun, 03 May 2015 12:08:24 GMT
Yes, that would be great..

then we can list them accordingly.

Regards,

*Dakshika Jayathilaka*
PMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2, Inc.
lean.enterprise.middleware
0771100911

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 5:34 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Thanks Dakshika for the quick response! I see a potential problem here.
>
> IMO IaaS providers cannot be treated as a enumeration because users can
> define any number of IaaS providers with arbitrary names. As a example;
> "ec2-1", "ec2-2", "openstack-1", "openstack-2", etc. I understand that you
> have tried to make it more user friendly by providing a dropdown for this
> field.
>
> I think we will need to expose an API method to provide all the available
> IaaS providers. Then the UI can invoke that method to populate the drop
> down. WDYT?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 4:13 PM, Dakshika Jayathilaka <dakshika@wso2.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Yes, This happens due to JSON schema enum property. currently we have
>> below enum properties in schema.
>>
>>  "enum": ["mock", "ec2", "openstack", "kubernetes"]
>>
>> @Asanka:
>>
>> please add  "enum": ["mock", "ec2", "openstack", "kubernetes", "gce" ]
>> into it.
>>
>> Schema Path :
>>
>> components/org.apache.stratos.manager.console/console/controllers/forms/schema/configure/partitions.json
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> *Dakshika Jayathilaka*
>> PMC Member & Committer of Apache Stratos
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> WSO2, Inc.
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>> 0771100911
>>
>> On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Dakshika: Do you have any thoughts on this?
>>>
>>> Thanks

Herath <

I have Java 1.6. I'll

successfully. What is
that you are using? Its recommended

Sanjaya Herath <

source master branch. I
please see the attachment.

Asanka Sanjaya Herath <

try to deploy an
CLI.

PM, Vishanth Balasubramaniam <

any sample applications written

PM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath <

me for this project. I'm just
is any sample script already available for
in GCE. I can find the ec-2 and openstack scripts.
script available for GCE?

at 10:03 PM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath <
wrote:

> [...]
my proposal [1] for GCE load balancing
Any comment or suggestion is really appreciated.

at 12:59 AM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath <
wrote:

> [...]
the proposal for ec-2 load balancer
sharing my proposal [1] with​ all. Any suggestions and
appreciated.

2015 at 11:42 AM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath
wrote:

> [...]
the information.

22, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Imesh Gunaratne <
wrote:

> [...]
find some information here:

Mar 22, 2015 at 2:37 AM, Asanka Sanjaya Herath
wrote:

> [...]
trying to configure GCE IaaS in stratos. Are
any written documentation regarding this?

Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 2:40 PM, Asanka Sanjaya
<angal.sh@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Imesh,

Thank you for information. I'll go through these and

get back to you with the draft proposal soon.

Thanks.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 1:54 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <

imesh@apache.org> wrote:

Hi Asanka,

It's nice to hear from you! The expectations of

above projects are to implement Stratos load balancer extensions to

programatically configure Amazon AWS load balancer and GCE load balancer to

work with Stratos. You could do the following to start with these projects:

- Find information on AWS/GCE load balancer APIs

- Create an AWS/GCE account and try out the above

APIs

- Try to setup a sample load balancing scenario on

EC2/GCE with their load balancers

- Document your experience

- Find information about the Stratos load balancer

extension, we updated this recently

- Prepare project proposals with the above

information

Thanks

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Asanka Sanjaya

Herath <angal.sh@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I Asanka Sanjaya, am willing to do GSoC this year

and I found  project on $subject very interesting. I'm currently a final

year undergraduate of faculty of Information Technology University of

Moratuwa. I have worked with Apache Stratos before and I would like to

compose project proposals for these two projects [1], [2] since both are

similar kind of projects.

I'm currently working on the project proposals and

I kindly request you to guide me on steps to follow.

1.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-499

2.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-500