stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Verifying Load Balancer Statistics based Autoscaling
Date Sun, 17 May 2015 07:29:43 GMT
Hi Lahiru,

The above issue was fixed, now I'm seeing a problem in Autoscaler where it
calculates the RIF gradients as negative values:

*Scenario:*
*Autoscaling policy:* requestsInFlight/threshold -> 50
*Incoming request load:* Concurrency -> 80, number of requests ->1000
*RIF published by load balancer:* 80

[2015-05-17 12:50:39,290] DEBUG
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.cluster.ClusterMonitor} -  Second
derivative of Rif event: [cluster] single-cartridge-app.my-php.php.domain
[network-partition] network-partition-1 [value] -0.1776534
[2015-05-17 12:50:39,291] DEBUG
{org.apache.stratos.autoscaler.monitor.cluster.ClusterMonitor}
-  Gradient of Rif event: [cluster] single-cartridge-app.my-php.php.domain
[network-partition] network-partition-1 [value] -1.7770275

May be due to this reason scaling up decision was not taken even though the
RIF values are greater than the defined threshold.

Thanks

On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 12:12 PM, Imesh Gunaratne <imesh@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Devs,
>
> While working on $subject and I found that we have not packaged the thrift
> client configuration file in the load balancer distribution:
>
> [2015-05-17 12:05:07,746] FATAL - LoadBalancerServiceComponent Failed to
> activate load balancer service component
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not parse thrift client configuration
> at
> org.apache.stratos.common.statistics.publisher.wso2.cep.ThriftClientConfigParser.parse(ThriftClientConfigParser.java:136)
> at
> org.apache.stratos.common.statistics.publisher.wso2.cep.ThriftClientConfig.getInstance(ThriftClientConfig.java:45)
> at
> org.apache.stratos.common.statistics.publisher.wso2.cep.WSO2CEPStatisticsPublisher.<init>(WSO2CEPStatisticsPublisher.java:56)
>
> I'm now fixing this issue and continue the test.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Imesh Gunaratne
>
> Senior Technical Lead, WSO2