stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Reka Thirunavukkarasu <r...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Quotas and Stratos
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 05:37:26 GMT
Hi Shaheed,

AFAIK, autoscaler will strict to the min/max specified. We don't currently
have the way of identifying whether actual IaaS has enough quota. If one
partition failed as it is exhausted with the resources, then autoscaler can
try to switch to next partition. However, I'm not sure whether we support
this now. But this would be a nice to have feature. So that autoscaler
won't blindly create instances in the exhausted partition all the time.

As a workaround, we can configure the min/max to satisfy the actual IaaS
level resources. So that we can assume that the autoscaler will not create
the instances beyond the limit.

FYI: If the autoscaler move an instance to terminating list, then the
member which is being terminated will not be counted into the currently
available instances. So, whenever autoscaler failed terminate an instance,
then autoscaler can keep on creating new instances in order to satisfy the
min/max as the terminating instance will not be counted.

Thanks,
Reka

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu