stratos-dev mailing list archives

From "Shaheedur Haque (shahhaqu)" <shahh...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Quotas and Stratos
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 19:41:02 GMT
I see that jclouds seems to expose the quota information, so I do agree this would be good
to have. Initially, it could be based on say #CPUs and then maybe additional checks on memory
and disk and so on…

WDYT?

From: Reka Thirunavukkarasu [mailto:reka@wso2.com]
Sent: 10 April 2015 06:37
To: dev
Subject: Re: Quotas and Stratos

Hi Shaheed,
AFAIK, autoscaler will strict to the min/max specified. We don't currently have the way of
identifying whether actual IaaS has enough quota. If one partition failed as it is exhausted
with the resources, then autoscaler can try to switch to next partition. However, I'm not
sure whether we support this now. But this would be a nice to have feature. So that autoscaler
won't blindly create instances in the exhausted partition all the time.
As a workaround, we can configure the min/max to satisfy the actual IaaS level resources.
So that we can assume that the autoscaler will not create the instances beyond the limit.
FYI: If the autoscaler move an instance to terminating list, then the member which is being
terminated will not be counted into the currently available instances. So, whenever autoscaler
failed terminate an instance, then autoscaler can keep on creating new instances in order
to satisfy the min/max as the terminating instance will not be counted.

Thanks,
Reka

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Shaheedur Haque (shahhaqu) <shahhaqu@cisco.com<mailto:shahhaqu@cisco.com>>