stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Rajkumar Rajaratnam <rajkum...@wso2.com>
Subject [Discuss] Stratos restart issues
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2015 06:01:35 GMT
Hi Devs,

I have found issues in stratos server restart.

As you know we don't persist monitors. We read the topology and create
monitors when we restart the Stratos. While we are creating monitors, we
need to communicate with cloud controller service in-order to do things
like getting deployment policy, network partitions, validating them and so
on. In the single machine setup, AS component is starting before CC. So
when AS tries to communicate with CC, it is failing >> ultimately monitor
creation will fail.

What would be solution here? Is there any way to enforce start up orders
between components? I know we can use OSGI dependencies to enforce such
order. We can make AS component to wait until CC component is activated.
But will that solve the problem in distributed setup?

Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

--
Rajkumar Rajaratnam