stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject [Discuss] Apache Stratos 4.1.0 GA Release Plan
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 17:15:01 GMT
Hi Devs,

This is to plan 4.1.0 GA release. We need fix all the issues [1] we
identified in 4.1.0 Alpha developer preview and release 4.1.0 RC1. If RC1
is stable then we can announce 4.1.0 GA with RC1. If not we may need to do
a RC2.

Following are the main areas we need to fix:

- *Application deployment functionality:* Currently this is broken, most of
the sample applications are not working. As I understood there are issues
in grouping logic.

- *Application validations:* Currently we do not have proper validations in
application creation and deployment process. As a result runtime errors are
being raised.

- *Metadata service: *By design metadata service is mandatory to run a
composite application. Currently we have not verified usage of metadata
service with proper authentication, application definition and agent
changes.

- *Clustering*: We implemented clustering features for stratos products in
4.1.0 alpha but we need to review it and verify all the functional flows.
We also need to update the Wiki with this.

- *Autoscaling*: I saw several issues raised in this area, we need to
review those and fix any problems that we have.

- *Cartridge agent*: At the moment Python Cartridge Agent (PCA) is much
stable. However we need to synchronize it with Java Cartridge Agent (JCA).
Since JCA was not updated recently we need to review it and fix any issues.

- *Sample applications*: There were many issues with sample applications,
now we have resolved 99% of them.

- *Automated integration tests*: We had zero integration tests in 4.1.0
alpha. Now we have introduced a test server which could configure and start
ActiveMQ & Stratos, deploy sample applications and verify application
activation process. This is now triggerred in the build and
single-cartridge application is being verified. We need to fix grouping
logic and add rest of the sample applications to it.

- *UI*: Rukmal and Dakshika did an awesome job on introducing a new UI to
4.1.0 release. At the moment there are several usability issues and some
missing pages we need to fix.

- *Wiki*: Mari has done a great job on contributing to Stratos
documentation. At the moment Wiki is not up to date with 4.1.0
functionality. We need to draw new diagrams and update the content
accordingly.

Currently I'm working on fixing application deployment logic and
introducing validations. If you are working on any other areas please
update this thread.

We will keep this thread clean and post the latest status of the RC1
release. Will discuss technical issues in separate threads. If I have
missed any points please feel free to add them.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS

Many Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne