stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>
Subject Re: Meta data service OAuth authentication
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 09:52:55 GMT
On 8 Feb 2015 15:19, "Gayan Gunarathne" <gayang@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> AFAIU from the current code base following the way we have implemented to
handle the OAuth token authentication.

> 1. We will generate the OAuth token when the instance spawn and pass it
through the cartridge payload as launch param(TOKEN) to the cartridge.

> 2. From the cartridge payload we can get that OAuth token and pass it
through the rest request to the metadata service.
> We have to pass token through "Authorization: Bearer" in the rest call.
> Please confirm this
Yes
> 3. We are using the "OAuthHandler" to handle the authentication based on
the oAuth token.(As per cxf-servlet.xml)

> 4. Also currently we are still enable the basicAuthenticationFilter(I
think we can remove that filter once the token based authentication is
verified)
Yes. Other authentication handlers are not needed. I have removed them
locally. Didn't push yet.

> Please confirm the above steps as per our implementation. Also please add
anything that I have missed here.

I will share a python scripts which publishes and fetch metadata.