stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject [Discuss] [Improvement] Manage Network Partitions Globally and Reuse them in Deployment Policy
Date Sat, 24 Jan 2015 04:40:24 GMT
Hi Devs,

I have done an improvement to globally manage Network Partitions after a
discussion we had with Lakmal and Dakshika.

In 4.1.0-Alpha we manage Network Partitions within Deployment Policies.
This makes it difficult to deploy an application via the UI and at the same
time network partitions get duplicated in different deployment policies.

Now we have introduced logic to manage them in the global context in
Autoscaler so that application deployment process can pick network
partitions from the available list. This introduces following REAT API
methods:

POST /networkPartitions -d {networkPartition.json}
GET /networkPartitions
GET /networkPartitions/{networkPartitionId}
DELETE /networkPartitions/{networkPartitionId}

Please note that this improvement has not changed any of the existing API
methods or artifact definitions.

More information can be found in this JIRA:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-1121

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne