stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Building Puppet-Based Applications Inside Docker
Date Wed, 28 Jan 2015 04:07:15 GMT
Hi Lakmal,

I agree with the point on the concept of running a single process,
according to [1] Puppet team is currently working on running puppet in a
different container.

Regarding the puppet usage, IMO we do not necessarily need to run puppet
and install software at docker image build time. We could execute that
logic on container startup.

[1]
http://puppetlabs.com/presentations/using-docker-puppet-james-turnbull-kickstarter