stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject [Discuss] Multi-Tenancy Support for Applications
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 12:13:58 GMT
Hi Devs,

At present with service grouping functionality an application can have only
one subscription. This subscription may include multiple subscribable
information blocks for multiple cartridges.

To support Multi-Tenant applications which may include Multi-Tenant
cartridges we should be able to manage multiple subscriptions for each
cartridge. Currently we do not have a concept of subscribing to
applications.

Shall we introduce a new artifact called Application Subscription and move
subscribable information blocks from Application definition to it?

Then the workflow may change as follows:
- Add autoscaling policy
- Add cartridges
- Add groups
- Add application