stratos-dev mailing list archives

From Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>
Subject [Discuss] Building Puppet-Based Applications Inside Docker
Date Tue, 27 Jan 2015 19:09:32 GMT
Hi Devs,

This is cool, now we can use Puppet with Docker:
http://puppetlabs.com/blog/building-puppet-based-applications-inside-docker

Currently we package Cartridge Agent package with base docker image. This
is an overhead. Each time we update the Cartridge Agent package we need to
re-create the base docker image and service docker images.

Now with this approach we can host puppet modules in a git repo and create
a base docker image without bundling any software. Then we can create
service docker images by bundling Puppetfiles which can install puppet
modules on runtime. This is great!

Thanks

--
Imesh Gunaratne